Sunday, October 14, 2007

Very First Visit to My Garden

Welcome to My Garden, where I will be trying to share some creative ideas and projects. If you have any you would like to see, please let me know.

I think I will kick off Yelowflower’s Garden blog with a little tutorial on a craft that I am just starting to do again…Fabric Backed Glass Plates…just thought folks might be interested.


This seems to work best on clear plates, but with the right fabric it looks pretty good on the tinted ones as well. It is a personal choice, as is the size of the plates; I have found 3 sizes and prefer the middle one myself.

  1. Clean the plate
  2. Choose fabric (these two steps can be reversed)
  3. Cut fabric a little larger than size of plate
  4. Paint a thin coat of ModPodge on the back of the plate
  5. Drape fabric over glue and press from center out, eliminating bubbles as much as possible
  6. Let dry
  7. Trim edges close to glass
  8. Apply coat of latex or acrylic paint over back of fabric to prevent glue from dissolving when getting wet for cleaning

I made a couple of these for a friend last week and they came out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

No comments: