Thursday, August 6, 2009

Catching up

My oh my, has it really been THAT long since I blogged? Wow – guess I’m kinda starting over. I apologize to all my faithful readers (all three of you lol) I haven’t had a single thing to say in all this time. Actually I have had stuff to say, just no energy to say it. Between work, painting the house (which is still not done), the new kayaks, facebook, the new phones, David’s Memorial (which his brother attended this year), the CHA show and all the other little things I just can’t seem to wrap my mind around blogging.

So I guess I’ll just take them one at a time and do a line or two, nothing major, but maybe catch us all up. As I think of other stuff, I’ll try to add those too. Thanks for your patience with me.

So, let’s go backwards in time….we will start with the CHA SuperShow.

I heard about the show in a trade magazine months before they finally decided that they were going to hold it. So I found an email address for someone in CHA and asked them for information. I was told that the dates were not set in stone yet and that there was going to be a webpage going live the first of May for registration. So, I stalked that web address like a fiend!!! And it was finally announced that the show was happening in Orlando and I WAS GOING!!!!!!

I saved all my money and made hotel reservations and registered for the show that day. I had something to look forward to. And I did. Thought about it often, went back to the web site at least 3 times a week to see if there was anything new. Lol obsessive - - but….when I registered the website was pretty simple, and each day they added something new and some of it I never even noticed after I registered – a form of tunnel vision I guess – so I was unaware that everyone who registered online was entered in a drawing for prizes. Keeping that in mind, you can imagine my shock to find out I had won a grand prize!! I didn’t even know I had entered and I won 4 one day park hopper tickets to Disney!! So, we extended our stay in Orlando by one day!!!


And so it was…we went to Orlando on Friday morning and stayed for three days and two nights coming home on Monday morning.

Whew, I’m tired of typing…I’ll add another post tomorrow.

No comments: