Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities, Week 14!

StudioL3 is still giving us these really hard challenges. You know, the ones where we have to CRAFT!!!! lol and we are on Week 14? WOW moving right along aren't we?

So here is my take on masking. I've done this before and I love the way it comes out.




I used two TH masks for this one, the small flourish and the crown, inked the tag with several different DI colors. Spritz it with my perfect pearls mix, stamped the sentiment and the




butterflies. Stamped words on the flower and attached it with a loopy brad (hammered), which is also holding the blessings charm. Added a photo corner to the bottom (hammered). Used his tissue tape to make the 'ribbon' at the top, and finished it with some glossy accents on the butterflies. Did I miss anything? lol {yes as a matter of fact I did, I brushed some scattered straw stickles onto the flower petals.}

Thanks Linda for making this so much fun.

18 comments:

Karen said...

Great tag: Love the warm colours and fabulous masking. First time I've seen tissue tape used as ribbon - I like it!

Kathy Eddy said...

I love your colors! Gorgeous masking here. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. Hope you'll come back soon and maybe even follow. I am having a ball with these challenges.

MarleneMAZ said...

Looks great! great colour combo.

Sherry said...

Gorgeous tag and I love the colours you've used too.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Oh, COOL!!! What a gorgeous tag you've created here. Your masking is utter perfection, and those colors are so fabulous together! Love the sweet, shimmery butterflies and flower, and the tissue tape makes a really cool ribbon!

I'm so happy that you're enjoying the challenges! I am most definitely enjoying having the chance to see your great artwork!

Helen said...

Love this tag. I am loving these challenges too, and thanks for dropping by!

Netty said...

Absolutely gorgeous, especially love your masks. x

Sue West said...

What a lovely tag. Those colours are beautiful.
Sue x

Maggie said...

Gorgeous vintage tag, mask look great and love how you have used the TH tape.

Maggie

Terry said...

Love your tag! Perfect arrangement of your masking elements! Thanks so much for having a visit at my blog!

Shelann said...

Love the combination of elements, it came out just great!

Kim said...

I love your colors! Your tag is beautiful-very rich.

Kim said...

Sort of a PS: I was traveling your blog; saw your posts about Washington DC..could you send me your email (couldn't find a email link here; so not good with blogs)so I could ask some questions? We;re going in October...

Nan said...

Wonderful tag...you did a beautiful job masking!

Jane Wetzel said...

so beautiful! love the colors you chose - very cool masks!

Toni said...

lol... I noticed everyone else loved your colors as well, but I have to say it again... Love the colors you chose... the differnt textures you applied are wonderful. TFS

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, what an excellent job!

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous tag, Love the butterflies!