Sunday, February 28, 2021

Low poly art

 
 
 Have you ever heard of Lo Poly Art?  
Neither had I.  Then one day I saw something on one of my facebook pages and thought to myself, "Self, you need to make something like that!"  and as you might have guessed my self told me I was insane and to just move on.  But did I listen?  Of Course not!!!
And the next thing you know, I am looking into the art of Low Poly.
What is Low Poly, you ask?  Well, here is one definition...
 
"Low Poly is a style of design that translates an image into a polygon tessellation using three sided polygons. The sharp angles and fractal appearance give the subject a vibrant and striking style." 
 
 
 
 Another definition might read something like this..."Insanity using paper and glue"
I have to say that I kinda enjoyed making this, but it was insanely difficult after a certain point.  
As you can see in the pictures above, the figure/item being made starts out as flat cardstock, numbered and scored, ready for an easy assembly.  NOT EASY!!!!  lol
 
First off, I could not get my program to recognize the lines and numbers, so that was an added step.  Then once cut out I had to use the PDF included with the purchased file to number all the pieces...and how many pieces do you think came with this little kitty?  I Think it was forty eight...and they looked kinda like this
 

see all those little numbers around the outside of each piece?  yeah, I had to pencil all of those onto each of those 48 pieces so that I could attach the correct pieces together in the correct order so as to create the kitty seen below. 
 
 
 
 

this picture was taken during assembly...he was still a little wobbly.  



 
 
and these two are him sitting in the alcove of honor after completion.  He sits over two feet tall and about 7 inches wide.

He may be a cat, but he was a BEAR to make!!!  lol 

and as if this didn't teach me, there is another one I will show in a future blogpost...
but so far that is it!



 

No comments: