Sunday, January 9, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenges 26





Once again it is time to post the results of my attempts in these challenges. but first.....

I WON!!! I WON!!! I WON!!! I WON!!! lol
just wanted to let everyone know that I won the prize at Studio L3 this week!!!! A gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp and am now eagerly awaiting my goodies. Thank you to Linda at Studio L3 and to the wonderful folks at Simon Says Stamp for making me so happy!!! lol
huh? what was that? oh, yeah, ok. She says to tell you what I ordered, and the answer to that is Tim stuff, of course lol..


1 *Tim Holtz Idea-ology CONFIGURATIONS 5.75" X 10.75" Shadow Box
1 *Tim Holtz DISTRESS EMBOSSING POWDER PEELED PAINT Green Ranger
1 *Tim Holtz DISTRESS EMBOSSING POWDER FIRED BRICK Red Ranger
1 *Tim Holtz DISTRESS EMBOSSING POWDER VINTAGE PHOTO Brown Ranger

since I have zero TH distressing powder until this order arrives I will have to try a different method for this weeks challenge.

This week the challenge is Rusted Grunge found on page 45 of Tim's book, Compendium of Curiosities. This challenge is taking place at Studio L3, where the wonderful Linda is helping to keep us all out of trouble lol


Anyways, here's this weeks attempt. as stated above I do not, as yet, have and distress embossing powder in my hot little hands, so I used bronze powder and 'modified' it as I went, still used the vintage photo DI and I think it came out pretty good. Pretty much everything else is just stuff from around the craft room all placed upon another one of those poor little orphaned boxes rescued by my beloved hubs.



Studio L3
All Things Tim
Tim Holtz

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Congrats!

Your little project is gorgeous!

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hi, I wanted to thank you for becoming a follower on my blog. Congrats on the win !! I just became a follower on yours, and thanks again,
Karen

Linda Ledbetter said...

Ooh, girl, AWESOME choices for your shopping spree! I'm so happy you had a wonderful time and got yourself some fun new toys to create with! Congrats again!!!!

Your rusted grunge is great! Way to make it work with what you have on hand, Yeloflower! Brilliant and very COOL! The entire little box is fabulous, actually.

Am I really helping keep everyone out of trouble? Usually, it's the other way around! ;-)