Sunday, January 30, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenges #29

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #29



Hello to my faithful followers....all three of you...here is my entry into the StudioL3 Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #29 "Weathered Wood Grunge". This technique can be found on page 50 of the Tim Holtz book "Compendium of Curiosities" (buy it here).

Somehow I missed last week, I do not understand...I made the piece, and it is still sitting on my crafting table, all alone, desolate to have been so thoroughly forgotten. I am ashamed. And Puzzled...

But

I did do something for this week and I will now reveal my masterpiece (ok, In reality it's just ok, but I can dream can't I?)





I started out by die cutting the puzzle pieces out of grunge board, then used 6 different Cuttlebug embossing folders.


Then I proceeded to follow Sir Tims instructions to the very best of my ability, and I'm afraid he would be a trifle disappointed, I have such a hard time with this type of thing, but it's me, not him



I used Spiced Marmelade, Fired Bricks, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Vintage Photo and Concord DIs, that is indeed one of the Tim papers as a background



I made my own little holder for the ticket which was the reverse of one of Tim's that I wet, crumpled, stamped and inked with Vintage Photo.


I hope you like it, I think it turned out kinda kewl, but who am I to judge? I made it after all lol

Have a great week and Thanks again Linda for a fun project!

StudioL3
Tim Holtz
All Things Tim

1 comment:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Yelowflower, I'm so happy to see you! Don't be ashamed of not uploading your piece last week-- I think January has done a number on us ALL in some way. I'll be happy to see a whole new month begin, for sure!

And, your piece for this week absolutely IS a masterpiece! I just adore those embossed puzzle pieces, and the Weathered Wood technique looks fabulous on them! I personally believe that Tim would be delighted by your technique, and your color choices, too. Not to mention your ingenious ticket holder. What a great idea!!!

You have a good week, too, sweetie!