Saturday, September 14, 2019

Here is Home


As we travel around today and try to find a camper, I have once again noticed just how beautiful my home state is.  I haven’t lived or traveled to a really large number of places, but I do know that none of them have compared to here.  Here is home.  And no matter where we travel, this will always be where I’m ‘from’. 

Interesting phrase, isn’t it?  “Here is home”   Where is home?  Where ever my heart is…trite?  Yes, but true.    I have never truly believed that home is an actual place.  Yes it is where we live.  But that can be anywhere or nowhere.  Home to me has always meant a safe place.  A place I could just be who I am.  Let my hair down and relax.  I have lived in a few different places, some for as little as a couple months and others for upwards of 40 years.  They have all been home.  They have all been shared with someone I love and have felt loved.  That is home.

We are about to embark on an adventure that is going to take us far from Home.  But at the same time, we are taking Home with us…as we will be traveling in our home and because we are together on this adventure, that will make it doubly Home.

Some would call us crazy, some blessed.  I think what I’m trying to say in this post is…it is always a matter of our own perceptions.  What is?  What we see and what we feel and how we react to same.

 

No comments: