Friday, September 6, 2019

More insights



This journey we are on right now is rather stressful…as you might imagine…if we do not find the camper we need we shall be technically homeless soon.  We have friends who have offered us a place to live as well as a place to park the camper when we find it, so we are not freaking out quite as much as we might have otherwise...but still.

We have lived in this house (which my parents built) for over 20 years and on the property, off and on, since 1979 (well I have anyways, Trav since 1991 or so).  That’s 40 years people!  This is a big deal, I have so many memories of here, both good and bad.  A part of my soul will remain when we leave, but, if we don’t I think a larger part may just wither and die. 

We have consciously chosen to view this change in a positive light…as a new adventure…as a chance to get out and see the world and experience new and exciting things.  My subconscious, on the other hand, thinks we are in some sort of nightmarish fun house and that life is trying to see just how far it can push me before I lose it and run screaming into the woods and never come back…I mean, seriously?  I’ve been collecting and using craft supplies for over 25 years and am going to have to abandon most of them!!!!!  Yes I am taking my tools, but my PAPER!!!!!!! My eyelets!!! My STAMPS!!!  I don’t know if I can continue to speak of these things, sorry…

Moving on – we are concerned about the animals adjusting as well.  None of them are particularly socialized and they really don’t like riding in the car/truck too much…and they are going to LIVE in a moving home...poor girls, hope they adapt quickly.  An unhappy 75 pound dog is one thing, but two unhappy cats can wreak havoc on a home.  Sigh





No comments: