Monday, September 16, 2019


You know that song, Daddy’s hands?  It’s been running thru my head today, for some reason.  I guess I must miss him a little today.  No really obvious reason for that, just got him in my heart.

Anyways, because you all know I’m a little bizarre and crazy, you must know that when I can’t resolve something, I turn it into something else.  In this case my brain is making up words to that song…Daddys Van…rust and beige are the colors, Daddys van, always clutter and a mess.  Daddys van was always dirty but I’ve come to understand, there is always mud in Daddys van.

Sigh, that is such a sad tribute to such a great man.  I love my Daddy.  Always have and always will.  Miss him so much sometimes it still hurts, even after all this time.  To have him here right now to help us with this turmoil.  To know that I could count on his knowledge and know how would be of immeasurable comfort.  Not having him here is always a shock – you would think by now I would be used to it, but I’m not.   Man, losing a parent never goes away, does it?

But he is not here, and we will have to muddle on through without his wisdom.  But we have one bit of comfort in all of this – he did raise me after all, so I am pretty well schooled in the art of survival and overcoming.  He left me that legacy and I think him.

No comments: