Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pre Thanksgiving Day Thoughts

Here it is, less than a week from the wonderful holiday Thanksgiving. I think this is one of the most misused holidays we have - most of the people who celebrate this one, don't even take a moment out of their day to think about what they might be thankful for...or think about the ones who could use a little help to be thankful for.

I am thankful for so many things that I don't think that I can list them all. Lets see, where to start...I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, for all He has done for me and all the forgiveness that He has granted me. I am thankful for all the blessings He has bestowed upon me, starting with my salvation and walking through my life to include my Dear husband, my family - both born to and joined into - all the wonderful people who have and do wander through my days. The people I work with who's company I delight in...all the friends that grace my life, Trav, Christa, Howard, Jan, Donna, Clay, Brenda, Olie, Shellie. To our pets who give us SO much of themselves and ask so little in return...I am thankful for our jobs, they not only pay our bills, but also give us something to do and learn each and every day, they give us a purpose and an outlet. I am thankful to have a home and the means to maintain it as well as the room to enjoy my hobbies. I am thankful to have the truck, I know many people who do not have any means of transportation, and that is an awfully lonely thing. I am thankful to have enough food - more than enough food, and the ability to enjoy it. I am thankful that the Good Lord saw fit to give me enough talent to enjoy my hobbies (did I already say that? lol) I am thankful for my health, it may not be the very best, but it is good and it allows me to live my life, not just survive it. I am thankful for Traveler, my partner, my best friend, my mate, my port in a storm, my cohort in mischief, my soul mate, my other half, my everything! God has truly blessed me - he gave me Trav. I am thankful for Trav's family...Ron, Donna, Debi, Althea, Jesse, Becca, Anthony, Jeremiah, Lexi, Kaleb and of course the Aunts and Uncles and Cousins that I am just getting to know. I am thankful...Very thankful. I cannot even begin to say just how thankful I am, but I have tried.

What are you thankful for? anything in particular? or just a little of everything? or nothing? Who are you thankful to? anyone special? or a little of everyone you meet or noone?

No comments: