Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Treasure Hunt

I gotta tell ya, that was a LOAD of fun! Found lots of treasure and tons of free stuff and discovered about 45 new designers I hadn't heard of before! This was great - and something that pretty much kept my attention for hours this weekend...had to use my brain and that was a stretch lol
If anyone is interested here is the link to the layout I made with one of the kits from the hunt.

http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=272811

I just LOVE getting freebies, there is no doubt about that one, but to have to work for them was much more fun than I thought it would be. Sending out a really really big THANK YOU to the designers for sharing their talent and time with us, to the administrators who orchestrated the whole thing and all the people who helped along the way. It had to be an astronomical amount of work to set it up and to moderate it. And then that really really depraved individual who decided to try to ruin it for everyone...glad SHE lost, we were inconvenienced and some of those poor folks had to work hard fast....but....WE WON in the end!!!

I have joined a couple of message boards and have found that the positive atmosphere that is a constant on all of them is really really good for me...it helps keep me upbeat and remind me that even when bad things happen, good things can come of them. They give me ideas for new stuff and praise me for my stuff even if it's not that great....incentive to get better lol I'm really glad I found them. Daisie Company, My Scrap Shop and DigiShopTalk are the three that I frequent the most, but there are more, Scrap Girls and Make it Scrappy come to mind right off. Go visit them and see if you like it as much as I do...we always need new good folks to join us. The links are in the sidebar to your right.

Anyways, that's about it for today...talk at ya later!!

No comments: