Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hurricane Fay - 8-19-08

Ok, here I sit, bemoaning the fact that Fay is not heading towards us any longer…I know, that makes me a bit weird, but I LIKE hurricanes!!! I grew up in Miami with parents that knew how to prepare and deal with the awesome storms. I always felt safe and protected as a child and the wildness of nature was always so breathtaking. I LOVED it. Now, as an adult, I am not feeling quite as safe, but my fascination with them hasn’t changed. I know they are dangerous, and I know that they are a real inconvenience to most people, loosing power and missed work, as well as damage to property….I know all that. But I STILL love them. Back during the season with Charlie and Jeanne we lost power and all our food and had to take showers at my DH’s place of work, but I still loved it. I am bummed, Fay is disappointing me, sigh. Maybe next time.


(still holding out a tad bit of hope that she will turn left sometime tonight) lol

No comments: