Friday, August 22, 2008

It's raining

and it is a beautiful sound. I love the sound of rain on the roof. I slept better last nite than I have in a very long time. I told you, I feel safe in a hurricane/tropical storm. I grew up with them and they are not an unknown to me. The things that can happen are myriad, but most of them don't happen if you are prepared. We just went out and walked around the property and checked the out buildings, and every thing seems fine...there are some branches down, but nothing that is worrisome. It has been raining pretty non-stop for hours now, and we have standing water around here, that doesn't happen too often...we are in the sand hills and the water drains pretty fast. The University is closed for the day, in an abundance of caution, in hopes that no one will get hurt. So we are not at work - we are home - enjoying the weather. Trav seems to like this as much as I do. I like that in a man lol.

I've been working on cards. Made a little bet with my self that I could get at least one card a nite and see how that helps me prepare for unexpected occasions. I have done pretty good for about a week now..got two done last nite for Trav and two others to have on hand. Have finished one so far today and am mostly done with a second.

I love this weather!!!

No comments: