Friday, September 26, 2008

Ok THAT was FUN

The High Kings concert last nite was Awesome!! My hands are SO sore right now, from clapping! We sang every song, probably drove the people around us nuts lol but we have listened to their CD so many times that we know them all by heart. They added a few new ones, but they were great folk tunes, which means that after about 30 seconds you could sing along with very few stumbles. They are great performers....and give the impression that they truly love and enjoy what they are doing. They talk to each other and to the audience and pick on other also makes it fun. I would go to see them again in a heartbeat and would recommend them to any and everyone. I hope that we get a chance to go again some time in the future.

We started this great nite out by meeting Althea and Jesse at panera's for dinner. As usual I really like that, love their onion soup. Then we went to the Phillips center and listened to the piper play in the lobby, very very nice. We hung out and talked until we could go up to our seats. I led the way, and about 15 minutes after we sat down, found out that I led the way to THE WRONG SEATS!!!! We had to move over one section lol. no biggie...the new seats were better ones, so that made me even happier - oh well, not such a bad thing right?

Afterwards we went to a local coffee cafe and had a treat before heading for home. We sat and talked for almost an hour before we left. I must say that the entire evening was enjoyable, from beginning to end. I do so enjoy their company and chatting with them. It is never boring or uncomfortable.

There it is folks, the joy of culture!

ok, once we get on the way today, we are going to the lake, and I will report on that as soon as possible - later

No comments: